After your tattoo appointment, the tattoo artist will inform you about your new tattoo and about how to take care of it.
The healing phase proceeds differently depending on care, skin type and body part.
For the best possible healing, the following points must be observed:
- after tattooing no intensive activities can be performed
- remove the foil after three hours if you have second skin (self sticky) on your fresh tattoo you can leave it on your skin for 24 to 72 hours
- wash the tattoo with clear water and pH-neutral soap
- water a clean washcloth with hot water and press it on the fresh tattoo for about 20 seconds, let the wound dry or dab dry carefully after
- then thinly apply a tattoo ointment e.g. Pegasus Tattoo Ointment or Shea Butter (Hustle Butter)
- for the first seven days take only very quick showers and do not scrub it! - thinly apply a healing ointment to your tattoo and massage it in 3 times a day for the first week in order to protect your skin from drying out - during the second and third week, apply a healing ointment 1 – 2 times a day
- no activities like workouts for at least one week During the healing phase it should be generally observed:
- do not stretch a tattooed place excessively, caution in sports and other physical activities - avoid extensive showers and bathing / swimming during the first three weeks
- avoid contact with dirt and oil - itching is part of the healing, do not scratch! It might otherwise be uprooted color pigments - avoid solarium and direct sunlight for four to six weeks
- use only a sunblock 30+ on the tattooed place for three months, not during the 3 week healing process!
- little stress and physical stress, plenty of sleep and a healthy diet support the wound healing forces of the body
In the first few days may occur swelling and bruises. These are injury-related retention and there is no need to worry.
After about three to six weeks you come to the studio for a visual inspection of the tattoo and here it is then decided whether a retouch is necessary. If you are from another city you can send us some good pictures of your healed tattoo to firstname.lastname@example.org. The retouch must be proceeded within the next six months.